How we can support you during the Coronavirus pandemic
With regards to the latest coronavirus lockdown regulations announced by the government, we want to assure you of our continued support and care during these very uncertain times.
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of:
- new continuous cough and/or
- high temperature
- Loss of taste or/and smell
During this lockdown, we want to reiterate that we are taking as many steps as possible to reduce the risk of infection to you and our care staff.
- Care staff will be following a stringent, robust, handwashing routine at each visit.
- Our staff will follow government guidelines and stay at home for 14 days should they believe they may have the infection. This may leads to change of staff but, we will keep you informed.
- As one of our clients you will be in a higher risk category and therefore if you have any symptoms above, you should contact 111 on the phone and explain to them how you feel.
- It is important that you let us know if you are not feeling well and we will help coordinate your care services, alongside the medical advice provided from 111.
You may at times meet different carers from our company and you will be informed in advance if some of your visit times need to be changed temporarily, owing to staff shortages.
We would like to reassure you that we are working very closely with the Local Authorities and taking daily advice as it becomes available from The National Institute of Health as well as being in daily contact with all of our staff who work in the community to ensure Infection Control steps are taken.
Our care staff will continue to endeavour to stop the spread of any infections all year round but should you have any concerns please contact Bluefield Care Services on any of the above numbers and speak to one of our team.